The Golden Chariot Luxury Train for a Fascinating Journey
Pride of the South, the Golden Chariot beckons you to travel to a world which is enriched with rich history and unique culture. While you relax, the train offers an insight into the architectural wealth of the state. With luxury on the inside, you will be mesmerised by the scenery that unfolds outside your train window. Enjoy a royal treatment while admiring the bounty of nature in this enchanting train journey.
Titbits about the train
- Winner of ‘Asia’s Leading Luxury Train’ award
- The train is a joint venture of State Government of Karnataka & Ministry of Railways.
- Golden Chariot Train operates on two different 7 nights circuits of South India, namely Pride of South and Southern Splendour.
- Pride of South runs from Bengaluru to Goa and includes Mysore, Hampi and Badami.
- Southern Splendour train tour circuit covers Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
- The total tour duration is 7 nights/8 days.
- Each coach of the train is named after a famous dynasty of South India.
- Air-conditioned saloons of 4 sleeping chambers each.
- 26 twin bedded cabins, 17 double bedded cabins and one cabin for physically challenged.
- Each cabin is equipped with a wardrobe, vanity desk, LCD television, electric sockets with 220 AC for recharging batteries and private washroom with 5-star facilities.
- Two dining cars, namely called Nala and Ruchi with wide spread of vegetarian and non-vegetarian culinary delights.
- Cigar Bar Lounge named Madira modelled after the early 20th century Mysore Palace.
- Two massage rooms offering traditional Ayurvedic massages.
- A fully-equipped gymnasium.
So, wait no more and treat yourself with the journey of a lifetime. If you are planning to take a train journey, it is recommended to have a prior train ticket booking for a hassle-free travel experience.