Places to Visit & Things to Do in KhatushyamJi
Khatushyam Ji Mandir is a temple that came into existence when Barbaric, who wanted to witness the entire war of Mahabharata even after losing his life, Lord Krishna placed his detached head on the top of a mountain, which was later on found buried in Khatu village of Sikar district , Rajasthan. Thus in Kalyuga the head was placed and given the form of a temple here. From then on devotees from the entire country visit this holy place and pray for their well-being. To visit such Holy Temple of Rajasthan, book Rajasthan Tourism Package.
- How to reach Khatushyam Ji Mandir-Railways/roadways best option to reach. Close by railway station is Ringas (distance 18.5 km). After reaching Ringas railway station you can take a shared or private taxi. Sanganer Airport, Jaipur is the nearest airport (distance 95 km)
- Timings-5:30 am-1pm and 5 pm to 9 pm (winter)
4:30 am-12:30 pm and 4 pm to 10 pm (summer)
- Places to visit in Khatushyam Ji Mandir
- Shyam Kund– It is the pond near the sacred land from where the head of the Khatushyam Ji was retrieved. Followers do believe that a dip in this pond will detoxify all your sins and will be blessed with a good physique. This pond is subdivided into Ladies and gents section for them to take bath respectively.
- Shyam Bagichi-Aloo Singh, a great devotee of Shyam Baba used to decorate the deity with the flowers of this blessed garden which is located on the left side of the main temple of Khatushyam Ji Mandir. Aloo Singh’s shrine is also situated here. Shyam devotees do offer homage to this place and consider this place as very pure.
- Gourishankar Temple-A Temple of Lord Shiva near Khatushyam Ji Mandir, famous for its tale of bloodshed fountains when Aurangzeb’s army tried to destroy the Shivalinga in the temple.