Decoding the Luxury Train Journey On-Board the Maharaja Express
10 months ago admin 0
The Maharaja Express is a statement in itself, complete with extravagance, opulence, and luxury. The package comprises of five Indian voyages which are easily the finest among Indian destinations worthy of being explored. The travelers enjoy a taste of a luxury train journey right into the lavishness synonymous with Indian royalty and heritage. The train is equipped with all kinds of amenities required for modern day comfort.
A Holistic tour Package Offering
The Maharaja Express is not a luxury train journey alone! It is a complete tour package, comprising of 5 of the most celebrated destinations. The combination is an interesting one that caters to varied tastes and palates. You travel like a king, relax and dine like a monarch and explore the richest Indian destinations in true style. Apart from onboard hospitality, you are also offered additional sessions of spa time, massages, dinner and much more. Every destination is planned in a unique fashion and there is a special experience awaiting you at every step.
Getting Up Close and Personal with the Luxury Train Maharaja
The Maharaja Express may be synonymous with a luxury train journey; however, its essence is well beyond the concept of a train ride. We look at some of the most interesting facts about the Maharaja Express:
- The train is among the top 25 trains of the world with respect to uniqueness and grandeur and is the costliest train in the whole of Asia. A one-way ticket for an adult traveler costs about 4 and a half lakh!
- The Train has won the award of the “World Leading Luxury Train”, three years in a row, in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- The Maharaja Express comprises of 14 guest carriages. Each carriage is named after an Indian precious stone. The train is almost one kilometer long with 24 carriages in total. There are 2 carriages dedicated to the 2 restaurants on board, there is one kitchen car, one manager coach, one staff car, one lounge, one bar, one souvenir shop, one boutique and also a store for keeping the reserves. Precisely, it is quite like a hotel moving on wheels, with its guests on board.
- The dining facilities on board this luxury train journey are much talked about. There are a couple of restaurants on board, namely, Mayur Mahal and Rang Mahal. The tableware is lined with gold and the glasses have Swarovski crystals embedded in them.
- The train heads to a different destination each day. And once it reaches, you are required to step down and explore the destination as per the tour plan and return back to your luxurious carriage. Even when you are on the tour, the entire planning and execution are undertaken by the railway authorities. You simply need to sit back and relax.
- The train travels at a very mild speed so that you can enjoy the sights and views outside at your leisure. Also, there is no jerking or swaying motion so that the guests do not experience any discomfort. The entire trip spans over 3 to 5 days or 7 to 8 days, depending upon the route you have chosen.
This luxury train journey is quite like the stuff dreams are made from. When you are on this journey, you are treated like royalty. No matter how vivid your imagination is, this journey is certainly going to overshoot your expectations on all counts. It qualifies as a journey of a lifetime.
If you are a foreign national, you will need to have your VISA documents ready for a tour across the country, before you can board The Maharaja Express. Interestingly, travelers are summoned an hour prior to the departure time, at a different location, for initial formalities and checking. They are then dropped off at the train terminal.